What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data stored in text files that are saved on your computer or other devices when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to remember you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a "session cookie") or for multiple repeat visits (using a "persistent cookie").
Session cookies are temporary cookies that are used during the course of your visit to the Website, and they expire when you close the web browser.
Persistent cookies are used to remember your preferences within our Website and remain on your desktop or mobile device even after you close your browser or restart your computer. They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for you while visiting the Website and Services.
Cookies may be set by the Website ("first-party cookies"), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the Website ("third party cookies"). These third parties can recognize you when you visit our website and also when you visit certain other websites. Click here to learn more about cookies and how they work.
What type of cookies do we use?
Necessary cookies allow us to offer you the best possible experience when accessing and navigating through our Website and using its features. For example, these cookies let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged into that account to access the content:
- We use Google® reCAPTCHA, so as to ensure we keep bots away. Using reCAPTCHA transmits data to Google® that Google® uses to determine if you are truly human. Thus, reCAPTCHA serves the security of our website and consequently also your safety. For example, without reCAPTCHA use in the registration process, a bot could easily register users’ email addresses. With reCAPTCHA we can avoid such bot attacks and therefore protect internet users in general.
Cookies created by the reCAPTCHA service are third party cookies. On our effort to understand and record the information they collect we have created the following list of browser and user data.
These cookies enable us and third party services to collect aggregated data for statistical purposes on how our visitors use the Website. These cookies do not contain personal information such as names and email addresses and are used to help us improve your user experience of the Website:
- This site uses Google® Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google® Analytics cookies, see the official page.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
Third party cookies from social media sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, etc) let us track social network users when they visit or use the Website and Services, or share content, by using a tagging mechanism provided by those social networks:
- The Google® AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you. For more information on Google® AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- We use Facebook Pixel on our website. Facebook Pixel is a tracking code which allows us to track and monitor the success of advertisements we use on Facebook and to improve the effectiveness of those advertisements by recording information such as the device you used to access our website and the actions you took on our website using cookies. We may also use Facebook Pixel to create retargeting advertisements and custom audiences for our advertisements on Facebook and on our website.
- LinkedIn conversion tracking is an analytical function powered by the LinkedIn Insight Tag. Conversions are actions a member makes that are valuable to your business. Conversion tracking gathers insights into post-click and view-through conversions of your LinkedIn ads campaigns, giving you the ability to measure the impact and ROI of your ads.
For advertisers interested in tracking on-click events, there is also an event-specific image pixel option for conversion tracking.
These cookies are also used for event tracking and remarketing purposes. Any data collected with these tags will be used in accordance with our and social networks’ privacy policies. We will not collect or share any personally identifiable information from the user.
What are your cookie options?
If you don't like the idea of cookies or certain types of cookies, you can change your browser's settings to delete cookies that have already been set and to not accept new cookies. Visit internetcookies.com to learn more about how to do this.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or do not accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features the Website and Services offer.
Changes and amendments
We reserve the right to modify this Policy or its terms relating to the Website and Services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Policy on the Website. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. Continued use of the Website and Services after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Acceptance of this policy